Bad things happen to us all the time. There is no stopping it. Every day the news proves that to us.
There is no understanding why some events happen. We see shootings and people killing each other. Hate is everywhere. It has almost become to be expected, and I find that so sad.
But life is hard. We can get a bad medical report that destroys us. I’ll never forget when the doctor told my family that our mother had stage four cancer and had maybe a year to live. She didn’t. She died three weeks later. I wasn’t ready for it, but I doubt I ever would have been.
We don’t understand why life can’t just flow even for a day.
Don’t let your problems overwhelm you.
Take a step back from it. Give it space. Take a breath.
Turn it around and give it over to God. You may be thinking, but he could have stopped it. And yes maybe he could have.
God may be using these hard times to teach us a necessary lesson to help us grow. Just like a parent does for their child. We want to protect them and prevent them from hurt, but they will never become strong if we shelter them.
Lessons in life are crucial to keeping us humble even when it hurts.Lessons in life are crucial to keeping us humble even when it hurts. Click To Tweet
Don’t let the enemy use these times to make your bitter.
- Use this time to move closer to God. Pray and cry out your pain. Release it on to him. He loves for us to lean on him.
- Look for the blessing inside the torture. How many times have you looked back at something you went through and realized it was hard but a hidden blessing?
- Take the time to find the blessing and focus on it. Thank God in your daily prayer for it. Even if it’s a little thing, still give thanks for it.
- Use your imagination and imagine what life will be like in the future. Daydream about it. Think of how God is already working in your favor.
- Study his word. Repeat his promises he made to you back to him. Show him you’re ready to move on. To grow.
- Turn to your trusted community. Connect with people who you trust and spend some quality time with them.
- Volunteer or give to others. Experiencing other people’s pain and putting them ahead of you, will boost your spirits and help you to realize we all have our sufferings.
Below are five verses to help you get through the hard times: